11/2 C all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash of ground cloves
Dash of fresh ground black pepper
3/4 C powdered sugar
10 T butter, softened
1 T ice water
1. Mix flour and spices together with a whisk in a small bowl.
2. Beat egg and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture an mix until crumbly. Sprinkle dough with 1T of ice water, toss with a fork. Divide dough in half, shape into a tube, wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375.
5. Unwrap dough logs. Carefully cut into slices bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool.
Delicious biscotti we enjoy with coffee in the morning or a treat in the evening.
1 1/2 C All purpose flour
1 tsp. aniseed
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C sugar
2 T butter, softened
2 large eggs
3 oz. premium dark chocolate, coparsley chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine flour, aniseed, baking soda, and salt stirring well with a whisk.
Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat at a medium speed with a mixer until blended (about 2 minutes).
Add eggs, 1 at a time.
Add flour mixture tio sugar mixture bleating until blended.
Turn dough lightly onto alightly floured surface and knead lightly 7 times.
Shape dough into a 12 in. long roll.
Place roll on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat to 1 in thickness.
Bake at 350 for 30 min
Remove roll from baking sheet, cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. (Stop baking here for a softer cookie.)
3. Reduce oven temperature to 300
4. Cut roll crosswise into about 22 slices. Place cut sides down on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 for 5-7 minutes. turn cookies over and cook other side for 5-7 minutes. cook completely on a iwre rack.
5. Heat chocolate in microwave or in a heavy saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Dip cookies, top sides down in chocolate. Place cookie on a baking sheet, chocolate side up to cook. As an alternative drizzle chocolate over cookies.
Let stand 1 hour or until set.
Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2008 Cookbook