1/2 C chopped tomatoes
1T (heaping) chopped red onion
1/4 C cut fresh cilantro (measure before you cut)
1/4 tsp. chopped jalapeno
1T small red beans
Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor and chop.
Stir in the corn and beans.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over your favorite greens with shredded cheese, croutons and top with ranch dressing.
This recipe is inspired by a salad I had on Valentine’s Day at On the Border. It was delicious and I thought I’d try to replicate it. I got pretty close. It’s so good I have had it for lunch many many times.
1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
6 cups frozen (thawed) southern-style hash brown potatoes
1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup chopped green onions (3 to 4 medium)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and wing sauce.
3. In large bowl, stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken strips in single layer over potato mixture.
4. In small bowl, stir together crumbs and butter. Sprinkle in baking dish.
5. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Sprinkle with green onions.
** Note: it is very important to thaw the hash browns. Since I didn’t my first time I had to cook an extra 30 minutes.